October 19, 2009

Back to the Woods! -- wooden jewelry components, that is ...

"The Forest Spirit"

After spending many days and weeks working with copper (jewelry, Christmas ornaments {coming soon to this blog}, and home decor), I've come "home" to my first love -- working with Joe's handcarved hardwood beads.



For this super-long necklace (adjustable up to over 25"), I made a chain of beaded copper links.  The beads are Joe's rough cut faceted spheres and leaves,  and some lightweight and lovely reddish brown rounds that came to me as part of a vintage necklace.  I believe they are lucite from the middle of the 20th century.

For the pendant, Joe split one of his spheres and I woodburned the face.  We then glued it to one of his flowers and added three of his leaves.  From the top of the beaded bail, the pendant is 2-7/8" long.
 
Please click here to view "The Forest Spirit" in my Etsy shop:
http://RoughMagicCreations.etsy.com

2 comments: