September 14, 2009

Blog - Prospero's Bookshelf and Feedback Theatrebooks

For the past couple of days I've been revamping Joe's blog, and a complicated business it is too.

Joe is an editor-publisher of books on theatre and drama, as well as a seller of vintage items through Prospero's Bookshelf on Etsy.com.  Before I decided to devote most of my time to jewelry design, I worked side by side with him in the publishing company, and I still help out whenever I can.  Our specialty is Pre-World War I American plays and theatre histories, which we sell to individuals on our website ~ http://www.feedbacktheatrebooks.com ~ and to college and university bookstores.  Because our books are adopted as textbooks by professors, we're really busy twice a year, a few weeks before the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. 

Now that we're putting the finishing touches on some late coming orders for the fall, I have a bit more time to devote to his blog -- which has needed a "makeover" for quiet awhile.  What a learning experience this has been for me!  There's a huge difference in blogging to keep a sort of online "journal" about our daily life here in Maine (with some jewelry making and Etsy topics in the mix), and in formatting a business oriented blog about our own publications and the wide-ranging collection of vintage and rare material available both on Joe's website and at Prospero's Bookshelf.

I thought it would be a good idea to link to Joe's blog here, so anybody who's interested in theatre can take a peek. I've just created several slide shows and links to both my Etsy shops too.  Actually, I'm pretty proud of that blog and look forward to doing some tweaking in the coming days.

Meanwhile, enjoy the pictures and thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment